1. Fried Smiling – Bob’s Voice Mix 4
2. Peter Koppes – Desert Flower Bridge
3. Yulduz Usmanova – Jeli Jeli
4. Yellow Magic Orchestra – Rydeen
5. Bob Mould – Poison Years
6. The Pixies – River Euphrates
7. iamthemorning – To Human Misery (Chamber Version)
8. Khalifa Ould Eide & Dimi Mint Abba – Oh Lord, Bring Apartheid Crashing Down!
9. The John Candy – Tell Me (Galaxie 500 cover)
10. Gregor Samsa – What I Can Manage
Decades ago, an Italian label put out a compilation called Something About Joy Division. Seeing as it’s been 36 years now since the passing of Ian Curtis’ death, it seemed like a good idea to share Allison Run doing a cover of Ceremony, which is my favorite song ever.
I have the sneaking suspicion that this composition by French composers Arnaud Rebotini & Christian Zanési might be named for Einstürzende Neubauten’s frontman Blixa Bargeld, but I can’t say for sure. Still, the piece is dense and pleasant.
People I knew in my youth used to joke that Edward Ka-Spel was Industrial music’s Elmer Fudd with that unique voice of his. Frankly, it’s aged into some sort of psychedelic beauty. Here he is with Skinny Puppy’s cEvin Key as The Tear Garden.