1. Fried Smiling – Bob’s Voice Mix 4
2. Peter Koppes – Desert Flower Bridge
3. Yulduz Usmanova – Jeli Jeli
4. Yellow Magic Orchestra – Rydeen
5. Bob Mould – Poison Years
6. The Pixies – River Euphrates
7. iamthemorning – To Human Misery (Chamber Version)
8. Khalifa Ould Eide & Dimi Mint Abba – Oh Lord, Bring Apartheid Crashing Down!
9. The John Candy – Tell Me (Galaxie 500 cover)
10. Gregor Samsa – What I Can Manage
Whittle away some time with Malibran, a band who plays great progressive rock out of Sicily.
Electroacoustic music from one of the genre’s masters,
Decades ago, an Italian label put out a compilation called Something About Joy Division. Seeing as it’s been 36 years now since the passing of Ian Curtis’ death, it seemed like a good idea to share Allison Run doing a cover of Ceremony, which is my favorite song ever.
Mélopée were a great French cold wave from the 1980s.
Time to ‘prog out’ a bit with some of the finest interpreters of psychedelicized Krautrock, Brainticket.
A beautiful droning composition by the Russian-German composer Alfred Schnittke.
Here’s something you don’t see every day – cheesecake mixed with academic experimental music. I expect this out of Nurse With Wound or Whitehouse, but Serbian composer Vladan Radovanović ends up having his work associated with rather interesting fare from a long-past hi-fi era.
1. The Fall – Hip Priest
2. Killing Joke – Money Is Not Our God
3. Ahmed Malek – Tikjda
4. Bubu – Resplandor
5. Dino Saluzzi, Gidon Kremer, Andrei Pushkarev – Theme from Don Quixote Var. I
6. Medeski, Martin & Wood – Nocturnal Transmission
7. x.y.r. – Rescue Of Prisoners From Cannibals
8. Ryuichi Sakamoto – Amore
9. John Carpenter – Lost Themes – Obsidian
10. Mulatu Astatke – Yèkèrmo Sèw (A Man of Experience and Wisdom)
Lithuanian composer Pēteris Vasks should be regarded by his countrymen as a national treasure.